Monday 29 April 2013

Dirty vice..Stole some shed time...

Manged to sneak into the Shed for an hour or so over the weekend,rescued the vice from the bats in the old shed and mounted it on my nice new bench and set about getting it dirty -taking bits off the the Scimitar,stripping them down ready for new bits.

I also had a bent tractor axle to sort out which took priority over all other jobs

Clutch master cylinder will go again
Clutch Slave cylinder wont!
Calipers will go again
Caliper pistons wont!


Brake master appears to be working OK-IE its not leaking and pushing fluid round the system,and would probably go again on a re-rubber- all though I haven't stripped to check the cylinder bore- but I would rather use new for peace of mind when I take the car on our European run - will be covering over 2,000 miles in a little over 4 days over some grueling roads so the original will get packed as a spare - a new replacement sourced through the very  helpful  Reliant Sabre and Scimitar Owners Club of which I am now a member

The P6 hasn't been forgotten a manual gearbox prop-shaft was dropped off at Shedtune HQ at 11.00pm Saturday night...long story but I love how the "Classic Car pony express system" works!

Dirty Vice








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home